Fox & Goose: English Pub


Not too long ago I thought, I have lived in Sacramento my entire life and I have not explored the city! Little did I know, Sacramento happens to be "America's Most Diverse City" according to Time magazine. So from that moment on, I vowed to explore parts of the city every first Friday of the month (by 'parts', I really mean restaurants). Yippeeeeeeee!!!

To start off this whole thing, I decided to go to a popular English pub called "Fox & Goose". I have been obsessed with British YouTubers for a long while, and what better way to understand a culture than eating their food?
"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." -James Beard 


I went with a friend for breakfast and got a dish called "Full English" and a Olallieberry scone with Devonshire cream. 


If I am being completely honest, I wasn't too crazy about the "Full English". The "grilled banger" aka the sausage tasted like soft liver; I love liver, just this wasn't right. The dish itself was decent, but I don't think I would order it again unless I go to England. Who knows? It might taste different there. As for the Olallieberry scone with Devonshire cream, literally OH MY CREAM CHEESE. Best scone I have ever had like EVER. The scone was moist and tender with every single bite, and I was obsessed with that cream! I kept topping more and more with each bite my friend thought I was crazy and I was... maybe I'm still crazy for that scone because I'm still dreaming about it.

Anyways, I'll be back. Not just for the scone, but after this experience, I realized I'm more of a lunch than a breakfast person. I have yet to try their fish and chips! From the yelp pictures, it seems to be a must have.

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram